life. society. culture. work. women. education. justice. satire. hairstyles

Friday, March 30, 2007

life sampler.

Since finishing high school some time ago I’ve ‘dabbled’ in a wide assortment of vocational undertakings. I have seen and experienced much during this period. When I reflect upon this time, I am certain the real reason I have not been able to stay focused in one area is that I am yet to embark on anything that I have found significantly challenging.

However, now the time has arisen for me to consolidate these life experiences and create something meaningful. Having such diverse experiences has not only enabled me to determine the kind of endeavors I would like to partake in the future, but also eliminate those activities I wish to shirk.

Today, I can’t envisage myself ever wearing a suit and tie, dealing with an overbearing superiors, or having to ‘apply’ to someone to take leave. And, the thought of spending my days suffocating in a small office developing strategies to increase soap sales in a designated region is hardly motivating.

I am yet to identifying the exact area in which I hope to involve myself, however, I can say with some certainty it will be related to the education system here in India. However, I hope to spend less time in the classroom and more on developing strategic initiatives.
There will be no shortage of challenges with the work I am intending to undertake.

Whilst working towards this goal (and living in a place like
India!) I am sure to have many crazy, entertaining and downright bizarre experiences … especially when it comes to meeting girls!

If you are interested in hearing these, then please visit this blog through my site rohitverma.net weekly!

Jobs and courses I have 'sampled' over the years …

1. Completed High School
2. Started a Law Degree
3. Sales Assistant at a Retail Store
4. Commerce Degree (Majoring in Marketing & HRM)
5. Masters Degree in Business Systems
6. Media Planner at an Advertising Firm
7. Commercial Real Estate Agent
8. Migration Agent's Course
9. Web Designer
10. Human Resources Consultant
11. Mortgage Sales Consultant
12. Commercial Laundry Washer
13. Waiter at an Indian Restaurant
14. Telecommunications Business Development Manager
15. Post-Graduate Degree in Education
16.
Sale Assistant at a Commercial Furniture Store
17. English Tutor
18. High School Teacher
19. Today: A Certified Practicing Ideas Man (CPIM)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home